Working at Rabbit Patch Day Nursery
Over the past couple of year the Early Years sector has really struggled with recruitment, it is a nationwide issue. With that being said here at Rabbit Patch we pride ourselves on not filing positions to make up numbers, we are focused on finding the right people for our setting.
We are building a team of individuals who have a common vision of providing a safe, caring and exciting environment for all of our children. We understand when meeting candidates and moving through the recruitment process with you, that we have a responsibility to ensure a safe, caring and exciting work environment for you also.
We have two of our management team, Chevelle and Ben on site who are always ready to help you through a situation be it by giving advice, guidance or support about a child or parent/carer, helping with a activity or providing you with a safe space to talk about things which may be affecting you outside of work. Alex the owner of the business is always around and is not worried about coming in to work on the floor with the team when needed. Alex prides herself on working alongside everyone.
Some of the benefits of working with Rabbit Patch are:
- Discount off childcare – watch your child enjoy their days at Rabbit Patch.
- Competitive salary.
- Free meals – Our chefs prepare enough food for the staff to enjoy through the day.
- Day off for your birthday – on us!
- On site parking – We are a rural location, so driving is a must and our staff can park their cars easily.
- Dedicated staff room – We have a lovely staff room detached from the main building so staff can fully relax on their lunch breaks.
- Progression – There is possibilities for staff to gain more qualifications and responsibilities within the business.
- 5 days sick pay.
- 30 days holiday a year.
- Access to a Employee Assist Programme to support staff in their personal lives.
- An active team bonding schedule.
All candidates will be required to have a DBS and suitable references checks will be carried out.
If you are interested in working with us see below our available positions.
Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01403 891976
Cooking for between 20-50 children aged 0 months-5 years.
SCOPE OF POSITION
- To independently manage all aspects of the kitchen to ensure children receive healthy, balanced and nutritious meals and snacks during the day.
- To independently manage ordering, recipe development and service of food in a timely manner.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OPERATIONAL
- Prepare and cook: All meals prepared from scratch using fresh ingredients delivering to the nursery’s daily timetable, for staff also.
- Dietary Requirements: Ensure all dietary requirements and allergies are appropriately catered for.
- Placing Orders & Budgets: Full responsibility for preparing and placing food orders weekly and to budget.
- Develop Menus: Work with the Manager and Deputy to plan and implement a range of delicious menus and weaning plans.
- Sourcing Ingredients: Work with the Manager and Deputy, when sourcing new ingredients to ensure they meet the Nursery’s quality standards.
- Event Food: Prepare food for Nursery events taking place on and off site.
- Quality Control: Check quality of food delivered to ensure high standards are met.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Ensure high standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times.
- Ensure all staff entering the kitchen follow health and hygiene procedures.
- Lead annual food hygiene inspections, maintaining 5 stars.
- Keep detailed records of food temperatures, fridge and freezer temperatures, cleaning records and any other records introduced by the management team.
- Report and record all accidents that occur in the kitchen.
- Have knowledge of Food Safety and Hygiene regulations 2013, General Food Regulations 2004 and Food Safety Act 1990.
- Confident and happy to work solo and independently
- Thrives in a pressured environment.
- Great administrative skills including confidence with numbers when ordering to budgets and scaling recipes.
- Really enjoys cooking healthy food for children and an Early Years environment
- Positive can-do attitude
- Creative in recipe ideas for seasonal recipe development and open to feedback when recipes need adjusting.
- Proactive approach to work and good use of initiative
- Plan, lead and motivate others
Salary details upon enquiry
What better way than to hear it from the team themselves?!
Lovely place to work!
I recently started working at Rabbit Patch Day Nursery and have been there about two months now, it’s a lovely setting with amazing surroundings in the countryside. The staff have all been lovely and friendly and have all made me feel very welcome and part of the team already. The Management team are very helpful and organised, The Salary is good and overall a nice place to work.
Fast pace, enjoyable, great team ethic
Rabbit Patch is a fantastic place to work and is lucky to have such a great outdoor space for our children to learn and explore. The team work well together, bouncing ideas for tuff trays and activities with each other, ensuring the children are having the best time and are continuously safe. Management are supportive when things get tough and get involved with rooms to help continue the development of our children!
Wonderful people, location and setting as a whole
Over the past few years at working with Rabbit Patch, I have been supported to achieve so much and more than I could have wished for. The management team, always go above and beyond to support and cater to the needs of the team – whatever it takes. Through the enjoyment of the children’s faces everyday – you can see how wonderful Rabbit Patch is! As a whole, I am very grateful for the company I work for and much I enjoy working for this lovely nursery!
The nursery is beautiful and the staff are very welcoming. The children are fun and have great manners and love spending their days at the setting that is clear.The setting is a great size with fantastic outdoor spaces including their own Rabbit Patch Woods. The experiences the children and staff get are limitless and support is always given. Further development for staff is taken very seriously and the manager and owner are very accommodating to the needs of every one.
After my child attending Rabbit patch for two years, I could see how much the staff and management put into each day to nurture, encourage and support the children here. The fun, learning, exploring and compassion for the children is endless. You can see the great effort from all staff shows how well they work as a team. The management are fantastic, very personable, supportive, encouraging. As a result of this, I now work at the nursery myself and see how on both sides, being a parent and employee of Rabbit Patch, this really is a fantastic environment to be in for the children and staff. Management are always on hand when needed, and their door is always open. I would highly recommend this nursery as a comfortable and thriving and supportive place to work!
The team at Rabbit Patch is full of dedicated people who want the best for children. They are really friendly and supportive of each other in all areas.